Standard Internet Email¶
Login to http://webmail.webvault.com.au
(SSL Secured Version)
Using POP3 or IMAP
Account Type: POP3 or IMAP*
Incoming Mail Server: email.webvault.com.au
Outgoing SMTP Server: email.webvault.com.au
- Your must enable outgoing server authentication in your email software or enter your email account username and password to login to the outgoing server.
- Change the outgoing SMTP server port from the default to to 366 to avoid being blocked by your ISPs firewall, see Advanced Settings.
- NOTE: If you wish to use IMAP protocol, your email account must be enabled for IMAP services first, please contact our support team if you are unsure.
Incoming Port Settings
Incoming Server Port (POP3): 110
Incoming Server Port (POP3): 995 (SSL Encryption Enabled)
Incoming Server Port (IMAP): 143
Incoming Server Port (IMAP): 993 (SSL Encryption Enabled)Outgoing Port Settings
Outgoing Server Port (SMTP): 366 (Recommended change to avoid being blocked by ISP Firewalls)
Outgoing Server Port (SMTP): 25 (Default SMTP Port)
- TLS Encryption can be optionally enabled on Outgoing SMTP sessions
Microsoft Exchange Email
NOTE: These settings will only work if you have a Microsoft Exchange email service. To find out more about the benefits of Microsoft Exchange email, please visit our Microsoft Exchange Hosting Service
Outlook Web Access
Login to https://exchange.mailsolutions.com.au/owa/
Exchange Server: getafix.exchange.mailsolutions.com.au
Windows Domain: EXCHANGE
NOTE: On some devices that do not have a settings field for the domain, you may need to specify the domain in the username field using the format EXCHANGE\username
Outlook Anywhere Settings
NOTE: These settings are required to connect with Microsoft Outlook.
Exchange Proxy Server: https://exchange.mailsolutions.com.au
Principle Name Setting: msstd:exchange.mailsolutions.com.au
- TICK, On fast networks, connect using HTTP first
- TICK, On slow networks, connect using HTTP first
- Proxy Authentication choose NTLM Authentication